Introduction to name plates
A nameplate displays a person’s name, product or company name. Primarily nameplates are used for informative purposes – providing identification for people’s houses, or companies or used as a commercial tool – to attract visitors in a commercial space. Usually of rectangular shape, nameplates vary in shapes, sizes and brand.
Types of name plates
These are nameplates are made using stainless steel, or mild steel. They are either directly cut using laser cutter and installed, like the photo below.
There are other ways as well in which names are displayed on a metallic nameplate. Such as:
- Chemical etching: Using certain chemicals, a print on metal can be achieved. Below are photos which give you an example.
- Vinyl Stickers: Vinyl stickers are cut in a sticker cutting machine and accurately pasted on the metal plate. This gives freedom of having multiple colors and finishes.
ACP or aluminum composite panel are frequently used, and preferred for exterior name boards, because they are rigid and don’t rust.
- Acrylic letters: Laser cut and pasted on ACP boards, these can be a great option for a small, functional name plates.
- Acrylic letters with LED: Specifically used in commercial spaces, translucent acrylic is used in combination with LED to give a glow to a logo, or a brand.
- Vinyl stickers: Good option if you want to put smaller nameplates for designation of a doctor or a professor.
- Acrylic letters: A combination of acrylic base and acrylic letters, both laser cut can give a good contrast.
- Metal letters: Stainless steel or titanium laser cut letters, glued on acrylic can give a great look.
Wood nameplate with engraving
Wood can be a great base for nameplates, especially if you want to give a traditional feel. Wooden nameplates can be engraved and various kinds of woods can be used.
Foam board with digital printing
Using a foam board base, digitally printing on it. This can be a great solution for using something temporarily, as in the long run, these sort of nameplates loose their luster.
Ways to fix a nameplate
- Using Struds: Struds are better designed screws. They can easily be attached to wall, and look great as border pieces on any nameboard.
- Gluing: Using superglue, and or araldite (depending on material) nameplates can be directly stuck on the wall. This option is only recommended when its a permanent fix.
So any nameplate you need, just log on to Akaar, or give us a call.